‘think.’
Today, today. I haven’t been wandering alone in a mall for quite awhile. One of the times where I simply let my mind ‘think’. Where I get that bit angsty, thoughtful about things that shouldn’t matter, or people watching as I wander.
Typically spent my entire day in Pyramid. I was in a fair mood, meeting ty, juice, c2 and cw to watch Superman Returns, have a drink, chat and laughed throughout the day. c2 actually dragged ty into Mango because he avoided female clothing shops like the plague.. don’t ask me why, I don’t know either. It was amusing though, we actually just exited the place, walked abit further on, and on hearing ty’s reluctance c2 just grabbed his arm and dragged him back in and around the entire store. We just followed and watched as he actually looked at the clothes.
Today also marked a rather historic day for juice; having sushi for the first time in his life. I guess he wasn’t too used to the food being slightly sweet, he did make this remark: “Wow I guess there’s no need to have dessert since everything’s so sweet already…” and that he said sushi tasted ok but abit strange because he knows he’s eating raw fish so you could practically see his face screw up as he slowly chewed on it, which nearly made me laugh. Oh yes, and eating wasabi. He took it down like a man! *applauds* X3
The ice in the rink was beautiful in the morning; fresh and most of all, dry. Nothing like the sloshy and slightly murky mess the masses were skating on later in the evening. I had only skated once, and man my feet hurt that one time. Would like someone to teach me how to though, so that I can at least go on my own without needlessly falling. Oh well. Leave that for next time.
After they left, I just walked…slowly. I mean, I wasn’t in any rush, nor do I like to be. There’s an extraordinary amount of foreigners, (both from Western and Middle Eastern countries) today, wonder if it’s their holidays or to escape the searing heat of the desert – like this place is any cooler =__=;;) most of them with their families. And I didn’t know that the arcade here had a living-room-like console gaming areas here… Imagine having a sofa or 2 (or 3, gah who’s counting) with an Xbox or PS2 and a TV in the middle of an arcade. Strangeness. But kinda funny. Games here aren’t all that new, but they’re not all that old either; classics like Street Fighter, and KOF 2000 (and older), or Daytona (gosh this is really REALLY ancient)… and then you’ll have Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 4 (or 5) in another corner.
Ended up in MPH to kill time; nothing better than a bookstore for this kind of thing. =D Read abit of Souad’s ‘Burned Alive’ but the beginning part mainly involves the inhumane treatment of women in some Middle-Eastern country few decades back from the mouth of a victim who survived after being burnt alive for shaming her family. Somehow this reminds me of the form5 Sejarah textbook, something bout the practices of men centuries ago before the founding of Islam which would send every human with enough morals mad with outrage. Might consider buying it, but if the whole book is gonna be in that rather droll tone (hmm imagine sitting in the shade on a hot afternoon watching sand settle to the ground every time someone shuffles along the street, no matter where he/she is going or some vehicle passing by, leaving a cloud of dust in its wake) I rather just borrow it from a library or something. Just as I was about to pick up the book Christopher Paolini’s Eldest to buy, mom and dad called saying they were there already and a “Make your way to the hotel lobby now” killed the intention.
Met up with mom and dad later at about 7pm; they were invited to the launch of the new Honda complete with a night’s stay, so I decided to bunk in with them X3 I get a whole bed to myself! Selfish me. XD It’s always abit weird to be staying in a hotel when your home’s less than an hour’s drive away, but still it’s kinda fun. Creepy though if you’re in there by yourself and for those hyper-imaginative ones who think some ‘thing’ is going to jump out at you at any minute, yes, it can get pretty unnerving.
Then headed out to Pyramid (again) and sat at mcd’s to have a light dinner, watching the children in the play area, then headed down to MPH to buy Eldest before heading back to the room. (mission accomplished X3) Somewhat surprising that I had to locate it in the Children’s books section though, I thought it’d had made the Fantasy books section of the bookstore (I suppose this was for adults or something). Like most of the Children’s Fantasy books in the store, I mean they should devote one whole section to Fantasy books rather than separate it to Adult and Children fiction which sounds quite silly to me, since most fantasy books I read I feel don’t need to be separated; I haven’t seen really erotic material in fantasy books – I go “Like D-U-U-U-H, it’s supposed to focus on the ‘fantasy’ part, like the dwarves and elves and stuff.”
I haven’t opened the book yet. =3 I’ll save it for later in my own room~ just feel like ‘writing’ now.
