Saturday, November 1, 2008

美少女戦士セーラームーン!

Time to be an old woman and start ranting! =3
__________________________________

When I was younger I really loved Sailor Moon. (haha! epic right!) I think I was around 8 at the time, and you know la how it goes for little girls, they all look up to Sailor Moon as much as they deny it once they grow older. Don't remember which my favourite senshi was but it was just fun to watch, and I totally idolized them, cause they could kick ass and still look pretty. And the idea of a talking cat (I think it was Artemis and Luna?) was pretty cute. (FYI, I don't think Card Captor Sakura made its appearance just yet.) I only remember watching the original series (bishoujo senshi Sailor Moon), Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon R. Haha if there were any after I think by then my interest died out..

So much so that I even went on to looking for the Sailor Moon video games (I think there was one for the PlayStation, which ti and I would laugh over playing) and most importantly, there was this set of figures I absolutely loved! I still have it.. in the original boxes too (I actually took them out to play with them.. but I think they were starting to collect dust and I was afraid they'd get dirty so I put them back in the original boxes which I thankfully didn't throw away..) but I have no idea what happened to the cards.. I think I'm just missing Sailor Moon herself (I suspect it was sold out) and Sailor Pluto and Sailor Saturn (which I never found..) which really devastated me cause I had the other 4 except for the main star herself!

Sailor Moon


Sailor Pluto


The two missing figures! T_T Apparently no one's seen the Sailor Saturn one? I dunno. Got the pics and info from this useful little site.

I actually got guama to buy them for me, one at a time (haha! I was sooo desperate for it then!) When Fajar still existed near my house, that is. I would follow her to Fajar in the morning, say 10AM, and go sniff around upstairs (usually the 3rd floor cause that's where all the toys are) and see what there was.. I normally never ask to buy stuff but like I said, I was a huge fan at the time, so when I saw the figurines my heart leapt for joy! Guama saw me looking pretty longingly at the figures, so she asked me, "Which one do you like? I'll buy it for you" Hhaha! that shows how much she spoils us (or me! =P) but I said "No lah, just looking.." I think my desperation showed. =P Haha!

I think my first figurine was Sailor Jupiter or Sailor Mars.. then the rest of them, one by one, were added to my collection. I would get so disappointed when the last missing one was Sailor Moon and everytime I went I never found the figure of her. Hahah then I got distracted when I saw the Sailor Moon S series figures, so I bought those too. Was considering not buying Chibimoon at first cause I didn't really like her to begin with (annoying little brat!) but I wanted to complete the set, so I bought it anyway. =P

Then when guama went to Aus while visiting my relatives in Sydney, she brought back a Sailor Moon plush keychain for me! haha.. Man I have to hunt for it, I'm sure its still somewhere in my room.. probably in a box or what.

Now that I look back, I'm amazed Fajar sold the original production by Bandai Asia and not the bootleg versions, maybe back then piracy wasn't so rampant, who knows? but WHOA I almost have the whole set. My proof of my devotion!
__________________________________

OMG I really detracted from studying Project Management to rave about Sailor Moon! @__@ Damnit damnit! I have such short attention span! *sob.