Saturday, November 1, 2008

2 down, 2ish to go.

This exam period has been quite a strange one. For one, I've been lurking in the Project lab all day every day (except weekends). Also, I've been going back to playing indie flash games (reliving my memories of them and resurrecting the love for them that they deserve) thanks to loli & co. who keep gaming and talking about gaming (apart from their afternoon naps.. haha reminds me of the kindy days =P) Somehow I simply cannot study at home; the mood to study just isn't there. Been lugging my laptop almost every day to uni too..

This sem was also the sem I got to know some of the seniors (technically not my seniors since they take computer science) but hey they're such great fun to hang out with.. It's really like our second home. If we're not home, we're in the Project Lab. Made good friends, gossiped a fair bit, shared heaps of laughs and ingested amounts of Nigel-ism (which includes super-alot of moe-ness and loli-ness.. no I'm not converting,nor do I have any plans to), redefined my definition of Eu Wye (I swear this is a good if not the best example of never judging books by their covers) among other things.
________________________

backlog to swejyan's 21st

To a good friend I've known since primary school. Went to her place for her 21st birthday party, and met some of her uni friends, gosh they are so funny! Not to mention it was extremely fun to see them all chatting away in Malay (its a rare sight in my uni, anyway) and being able to understand and joke around with them just fine made it not so awkward. Besides it was heaps of fun playing with the electric grilling thingy, and jyan's dad whips up some mean chilli paste which is just super yummy! This is one of the rarer events where you can get high on life without drugs or beer and just soak in the relaxed atmosphere of a house party. Felt a little guilty for not getting her a present, I'll see how I'll make it up to her once the exams are done with. The cake was awesome too, freshly baked on the same day and moist and sweet-tasting. Haha which reminds me, her presents had a theme too! Hilarious, but thoughtful somehow in a way that wacky friends can be =) Went out to mamak with jyan and ernie (was it? =P) after the dinner.. girls being girls, we managed to sit at the mamak for a good hour while hogging the best seat (ie the one with the best view of the flatscreen where they were showing a football game)

It was a great party! Got to know some new people better, hopefully I'll have the chance to hang out with them again.
________________________

The First Endless was okay-ish. Didn't really fluster, tackled it okay. I think I stumbled abit here and there but generally alright, should be able to make it through this one okay. The calculations I sailed through, the Z-Specifications weren't too hard methinks.. It was just really time consuming to write so much, made my fingers and my arm hurt. Wasn't as kesian as Ammar who had his arm cramping for half the paper and he still had to write shitloads.

The Second Endless = Test How Well You Memorized Your Tutorial Answers spree. First time I had that much free time to do... absolutely nothing. But I stayed for the whole time anyway, figured maybe something might pop up or I might spot something I missed. Ended up doodling all over the question sheet. Yay me. The objective questions some of them were quite misleading, and I think there was one question where there were missing words, rendering the entire sentence misleading and impossible to answer. Should be a free mark there. heheh.

One more Endless and the Biggest Endless to go. I will make it through! Thank goodness for good team members. =) GANBA MINNA!