Sunday, November 9, 2008

a weekend. what a weekend.

Yesterday, had a great dinner at Prego, Westin.

Highlights:

  • Getting to Westin was.. amazing. By that, I mean, the TRAFFIC JAM right in front of Westin was crazy.
  • Those portobello and olive tarts were yummo!
  • Ordering a chicken dish that I thought was only one piece of chicken and getting half a chicken (as in half an ENTIRE chicken). When it was plated in front of me I went "omfg! huge weih!"
  • Seeing dad get serenaded a bday song modeled after the Carlsberg song (you know, the one that goes "I love you baby, and if it's quite alright, I need you baby, to warm my lonely nights.. "etc.)
  • Wearing the red clown noses and taking photos! XD At first we didn't know what the red round thingy was. What happened after was just fun. And funny, of course. =D
______________________

Today marks another first for me!

It was the first time I had ever stayed in uni from 10AM to 5PM.

On a SUNDAY.

Originally I intended to do a dry run for Monday's presentation, but we ended up discussing the finer points of our work instead, so we didn't really have the chance to discuss the presentation itself. Saw the slides, got them to work on it too, so we roughly know what we have to present.

At about 1ish, Ammar & I decided to go get lunch. He drove! haha cool! I say cool cause I've always been curious to see what its like to sit in his car. Weird I know. But hey, his car *is* cooler than the average car. And much much lower too. hahah! It was raining midway to Pizza Hut, so the canvas top decided to get abit leaky and we got droplets of rain coming through every so often.

On arriving back in uni, we had a little picnic in the project lab XD It was fun~ ahaha! I think by the time we got back, ZZ was on the verge of dying. Filling our stomachs with food made the rest of the day much more bearable. Made us pretty sleepy after too, so we had to get up and say and do random stuff (including inecessant, incoherent rambling, tuneless singing as well as stalking people at the library from the lab) to keep ourselves awake. Although Ammar did manage to sleep on two chairs not long after. I think I was just feeling restless and wanting to finish up my part, and ZZ was putting our stuff together so that the product as a whole would work fine.

I finally finished my coding! =3 It was a long journey. But we're practically at the finish line! One last presentation tmr, and the learning collaboration report. I cannot wait to get this over with. =)