Sunday, December 19, 2004

hongkong?

okayokay! I'm here in Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok. Very very nice hotel, and very nice layout (though it's virtually impossible to have a toilet with glass windows,cause everyone can see you doing your stuff in the toilet so thank goodness for the opaque blinds, if not.. let's not go there) It is a 5-star hotel, so would you expect anything less?XD

Food here..is great. Chinese food that is. I can guess I'm going to have it during my entire stay here, not that I'd mind it very much.

On my way to the airport, the morning was cold. So as I passed by the marshes there was morning mist overlayering the forest so it gave a pretty creepy feeling, but it was great. Mysterious, and a moving silhouette among the trees would have competed the scenery perfectly. Was surprised when I got to the airport though; there were loads and loads of people there! It was about 7 in the morning and the airport was bustling and busy. I already had problems waking up and these people are running around like it was in the middle of the day. Feeling sleepy I slept during the flight, always being nudged by my bro who asked "hey, the stewardess is here; want anything or not?" to which I would sleepily shake my head and resume sleeping.

Walked the entire lui yan kai. Boy my legs were gonna break..Walked for about 4 hours straight, which is pretty trying. But fun. XD Got a shirt...and ai-chan's birthday present. I know it's too early, but who cares. Now, just have to make sure reeis chips in.

One of the things that surprised me most was the weather; I had expected it to be cold enough to wear an overcoat but nooo....it was like air conditioning, so while I was walking around in a t-shirt people were bundled up in scarves, thick jackets, boots...you get the picture. My eyes just boggled. And there are my brothers strolling around in shirt, shorts and slippers. heh.

I think I miss the subways here. I don't know why; it's a nice place to be, where people do their own thing and you get to observe what it's like to live like that. Furthermore, the network of trains are definitely more intricate than those back home. 4 main lines, takes you just about anywhere about hongkong.