Wednesday, December 8, 2004

talk about the polar express

ai-chan and I went to watch the movie "Polar Express" today. It's a good show, very into the Christmas mood. The theme is generally reliving the Christmas spirit in everyone, and to believe. hmm.. It's kinda like action, musical, moral and Disney thrown into one. I'd say the most memorable event is seeing Aerosmith singing in a Christmas hat and elf clothing. XD It really made me laugh. And I definitely like that guy who boils coffee with sock-washing water. Very cool. And somewhat creepy. Quote ai-chan, "He reminds me of Richard." *laughs* Seriously.

The CG is really nice, and I really like all that machinery at the workshops, and especially the train. Talk about eye candy. To top it off, I'll say that the kids really look like human kids, and the ticket-puncher Tom Hanks really looks like him (of course dismissing the disguise of a mustache and bald head). The elves are natural acrobats, I'm so envious. Oh yeah, and that know-it-all kid that sounds like Mandrake (or something like that...think of Dexter's arch-nemesis) is funny. Irritatingly funny.

Also made it a point to go and watch Madagascar when it's out in cinemas. I've got to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Chronicles of Narnia when they come out too. And Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Heyy, Jim Carrey's Count Olaf, so I gotta see how this guy plays it out. Not forgetting The Phantom of The Opera which should be out next year. And do or die I've got to watch The Incredibles... I know I've been wanting to watch that.. I feel so left out... Kinda felt nostalgic when I went to the cinema, and the last movie I watched was Puteri Gunung Ledang. It was nice to be there and freeze my toes off again. =D

Walked to 1u, and back. That's life when you 1: don't know how to drive, and 2: no chauffeur/no car. sigh.