Monday, December 6, 2004

hunting the hunted

Been watching Witch Hunter Robin, I really love this show, the characters, and the general storyline.

It's so confusing I can barely understand what the actual storyline is. Filled with confusion, fear, doubt, anxiety, uncertainty..Many different viewpoints, intertwined by one purpose. I can roughly see what the aim of all parties are, but to pinpoint it is impossible. It's really fuzzy, and I'd really wish they'd be more informative. Saying this I honestly conclude that I have no idea how things are going to end. From being a witch hunter, now a witch. In posession of the Craft that Menthuselah had passed on to her. Walled City, a maze of secrets. Orbo, the double-edged blade. Amon hunts her. Solomon hunts her. Nagira protects her. Michael assists her. Doujima Yurika depends on her. Karasuma Miho believes in her. Sakaki Haruto, but an acquaintance, defends her. And she will continue being a witch. Fire consumes all.

From what I understand, originally Sena Robin was a hunter from Solomon Headquarters, asisigned to collect the ultimate Craft, and hand it over to Headquarters. Sent to STN-J as a witch hunter was to cover the true mission. Not long after obtaining the 'piece of knowledge' Headquarters attacks STN-J at Ravens Flat to get the Craft from Robin. Amon helps her escape, then mysteriously disappears. She goes to Nagira, as on Amon's advice. Discovers the truth of the Craft, and is labeled by Solomon a dangerous witch. Solomon sends hunters after her, all killed one after the other.

Then you have Zaizen. I think he's the conspirator behind the attack of STN-J, even though he's the Director of the organization itself. At this point of time I understood that he’s on a different focus altogether, not really an STN-J, all-out against Headquarters. Kinda like a private organization, I guess. His only notable role is that he is researching for the ideal Orbo in order to gain independence of hunters who use the Craft, and soon after the dismissal of hunters altogether, using the ideal Orbo to exterminate witches. Seems that on experimentation the Orbo has side-effects, like sudden madness.

The people at STN-J (Karasuma, Sakaki, Michael & Doujima) are in a mess after the attack on STN-J.. Karasuma tries to take over Amon’s duty, and lacking 2 members (with Amon and Robin it’s 6 altogether) witch-capturing gets more difficult for them to handle. There comes a rift between the Headquarters and STN-J.. on this it's really unclear, and under-developed, cause they really dig it into you that these people act like they know what's going on, and that's enough, the rest is for the viewers to figure out, leaving viewers in the dark. >_< That's what irritated me the most.Since Robin now bikes and runs and is more active than the previous episodes, I can live with that. That aside, I really like the dark outlook the show portrays.

今ここまでだ。おやすみ。