Saturday, December 25, 2004

unnatural

it's a night where I realize
I'm in the middle of the madding crowd
and all I do, is sit there on the couch
watching 'normal' people doing their 'normal' thing

in the corner, and yet again, not really a corner
I wonder if I've come to the right place
the moment I step in I think,
"Where have the wine and song gone?"

to the naked eye, it's there. but in myself, it's not.

why do I feel so empty inside?
just when everyone is at their best
I feel so painted, with the colours of their joy
unnatural, crestfallen....

at the wrong place, at the wrong time
talk about bad timing and bouts of rhyming
in festivity, in all sublime
the only lack is of my own feeling

I can't join in, I can't fake it
you're all pushing me into that dark pit
where in the light it's brightly lit
I try, I try, but I just can't fit