Friday, February 16, 2007

gah!

On Thursday probably the most interesting that happened was that we got to know our (I seriously mean it) first American exchange student, Derrick. A dude from Texas who’s into dancing and misses his pickup truck. Oh, right, not forgetting the really scrumptious pancakes with ice cream & maple syrup in the morning, followed by a lunch of roast lamb & chicken and cold dishes X3 I really liked the pancakes す!



On Friday, breakfast was more appetizing pancakes, but instead of ice cream this time it’s bacon & eggs! XDXDXD I love their pancakes す~!
The outing to Albert Park yesterday was very relaxing although it was intended to be a sporting event. They had a lot of games, like Frisbee, cricket, footie, soccer, pitching baseballs, tug o’ war, dodgeball, netball, an inflatable castle and even a mini rock-climbing wall.



Of course, that was despite all the mishaps I had the luck to jump into:

a sprained ankle
a mysteriously injured knuckle
temporary sore from a 物 (this time I really had no idea what hit me, pun intended) falling from the tree/sky

I enjoyed the park more than the sport though, cause after the evil castle placed its curse on me I was rendered immobile from a sprained ankle which is still swollen but not as painful as yesterday.



Most of the time we were sitting under the shade, enjoying the view of the lake, temporarily sleeping till the flies start to really bug us and take more random photos. Sighted gheejune and Richard too! I didn’t know they’d be here today! X3



Also, among the cricket players their favourite activity had to be picking up balls from the lake cause it seems to fly in it so often.



Dinner was a dream! Finally, our first proper sit-down meal! XDXD It was so worth it to make the trip down to town! Had Italian in Lygon St (where else?) at Universal Pizza. Definitely worth my $8 which we shared among all of us 5 girls (chowchow, mel, wendy & serena) includes pizza, pasta & a jug of Lemon, Lime & Bitters (imo the one that Ruby had that day in BoxHill was way better than this probably cause this one is a prepared mix and not the original Lemon, Lime & Bitters but it still tasted reasonably okay)We ventured abit further to see if we could get chocolate @ Koko Black but the place was jammed with people and the queue was outrageous. Sigh. Can’t have everything now can we?