Sunday, February 11, 2007

sand + wind = BAD.

Helped auntie ming with more computer issues.. I suppose she thinks I’m a godsend. From the god of technology…

Went out to lunch with Peter where we had macro dim sum. I’m still weirded out by how they call it yumcha when they don’t just drink tea at these places... not to mention their dim sum pieces are freaking huge! It’s like calling 2 plates of them back in KL. No wonder these people are bigger sized… the dim sum skin for the har kau was too thick, so it stuck to each other and was abit chewy. Otherwise it didn’t taste too bad.

After lunch we went down to Melbourne Central, cause I wanted to see the Borders there. It’s as huge, if not bigger than the MPH in Midvalley… which is great! XD Recommended some titles for Ruby to pick up… she likes Basilisk and Vagabond! X3

After that we went to St. Kilda where we met up with Qin and bought some gelati from Trampoline before heading to St Kilda….they’re having a festival today! I think I came at a good time; festivals 2 days in a row! X3 I only hate hate hate hate the wind which kept blowing lots of sand and dust into my eyes. My glasses I suppose were great help in warding off these microscopic buggers.

Managed to catch a street performer performing a handstand on a hollow metal box which was pretty neat. Apparently it took him 8 months to get it right.



If the Yarraville festival was teeming with people, this festival probably had as much people as there are people on the pilgrimage to Mekkah. And that’s not countable on all limbs either.



Went out to the St. Kilda pier. Okay, this is where you really REALLY get to feel what it’s like to be nearly hanging on to dear life. The wind was blowing so strong it was hard to breathe if you were facing the wind and made you feel like it was pushing you to jump into the sea. However, you get a really good view of the City from here. Well if you’re here at night I can bet the city nightlights or sunset would be a real catch. My satchel had a life of its own; it was equally pulling me away from the bridge and into the sea too…. @_____@ Blew my hair until it was really really messy. I remember on our way back from St. Kilda as I was boarding the tram this guy was ruffling my hair and saying “Wow I really like your hair, great hair.. Where’dcha get it done?” followed by his friend who said “Oh shut up and get off the tram…” Found it amusing that people just do that at random. Thanked him, nonetheless; a compliment’s a compliment after all X3



When we did reach auntie ming’s place again, I had to try and take one of those pictures of pianos where they’d take a close up of the keys… well here’s my go at it. XP



Dinner was practically guama-style cooking at a suburb in BoxHill. Which was the best Chinese food I’ve eaten so far, probably cause it was something familiar and really reminds me of guama’s cooking (of course hers is better) and the proprietor was a Vietnamese lady who could speak Teochew XD Stopped by a Japanese/Korean grocery where I bought….

Pockyyyy!! X3 I know, it’s expensive but I think this’ll be the only pack of Pocky I’ll be buying.