Wednesday, February 28, 2007

on cooking

Cooked pork with butter+bbq sauce and served up coleslaw for dinner since it was my turn to cook. Didn't use the chicken stock to cook with rice cause I thought we had that for 2 days straight, don't want all of us to get tired of it so quickly.

The only thing which I absolutely hated about it was that even after cooking the pork properly (okay so it was on the tough side but at least there were no raw bits) it still had the porky smell so it wasn't very appetizing... and the butter mixed with the porky smell was kind of weird. I think from this point on I'll stick to chicken or something that doesn't need any serious skill in masking odors. There was probably just enough for us four (well the four includes Nicholas, Hendrix, Sharon and I, and we have a standing agreement that everyday one of us cooks dinner... so far I think we all pretty much need better cooking skills)

I hope to be able to cook properly by the end of the year.